Thursday, April 30, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Not only did I get my swap package today, but I also got my RAOK From KnottieKnitter!
Where do I start?
Saturday, April 18, 2009
1. This “Harry Potter” character’s first name comes from Roman mythology. The mythological character’s twin brother is named Romulus. What is the Harry Potter character last name?
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Latin equivalent of the Greek Goddess Athena?
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual?
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory?
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology?
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal?
a. Maurice Sendak
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts?
b. The Thieves’ Downfall
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear?
c. Another Death Eater’s wand hand
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children).
d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law?
b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
Saturday, April 11, 2009
I have spent the last three days fighting a sore throat and I think today I have completely lost the battle.
I am stating confined to the infirmary while I recover so stop byto see me if you get a chance.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
This is my cousin!!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
1. On which day did the Order of the Phoenix come to get Harry?
d. The day
of his 17th birthday
2. During all this chaos with voldemort and the Death Eaters, pe
ople still had lives to live and Ron's oldest brother, Bill decided to marry Fleur Delacour? Who were the
uninvited guests at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
b. Death Eaters
3. Voldemort had seven Horcruxes hidden in different p
laces. Six of them were hidden at the Gaunt shack, Hogwarts, a cave, inside Harry, inside his snake, Nagini and Tom Riddles
Diary. Did Voldemort hide the last Horcrux inside the Malfoy's vault at Gringotts?
4. Why did the Dumbledore's move to Godric's Hollow?
a. The reason is unknown
b. They we
re tired of their old home.
c. The father went to Azkaba
d. It was a better place for their children to grow up
5. Harry and Hermione read a part of "Life and Lies of Albus D
umbledore," written by Rita Skeeter. Then they met Dumbledore's brother Abeforth and he told them the same s
tory, just with a few details changed. Which of the following did Aberforth and Rita Skeeter agree on abo
ut Dumbdore's past?
a. Why the Dumbledore family moved to Godric's Hollow
b. That Dumbledore was friends wit
h Grindelwald for a while.
c. Why nobody outside the family noticed Ariana much.
d. The reason
for Dumbledore's father's imprisonment in Azkaban.
6. When H
arry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, they visit the graveyar
d to see Harry's parent's graves. Harry walks by a tombstone that we later learn belong to tone of "
The Three Broother'. The brother buried there once owned what?
a. The re
b. The cloak
c. The wand
d. The sword
7. The Trio
finds out that Luna had been kidnapped by the Death Eaters , and that they won't give her back until they got Harry Potter. Why di
d they kidnap Luna?
a. Her father sided with Harry and Dumbledore
b. They though he would come to her
c. She was a muggleborn
d. Her father failed as a Death Eater
8. After Voldem
ort killed Snape, he left the room and Harry came out from under the cloak. Snape gave Harry some o
f his memories all the way from when he was a child to just months before. Harry dived into the Pensieve and which of the following did he not see?a. Dumbldore telling Snape that at some point Snape had to kill him.
telling Lily she was a witch
c. Snape and Lily having fun in a potions class
d. Snape talking to Dumbledore
on a hilltop
9. On the search of the Lost Diadem, Harry finally gets to talk to the
Gray Lady. Who was the Gray Lady when she was alive?
a. She didn't remember because s
he had been dead for so long.
b. Rowena Ravenclaw.
c. Helena Ravenclaw.
d. A girl who was put in ravenclaw 800 years previ
10. Which of these is not one of Harry or Ron's children?
Friday, March 6, 2009
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
The bag is in progress. So you'll have to wait to find out what it is!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
d. Harry’s upcoming birthday
2. Who revealed the actual date of Harry’s transfer to Voldemort, despite the misinformation the Order had been spreading around that the move would occur on the eve of his actual birthday?
3. With the use of Polyjuice Potion (and to confuse any possible attack by Death Eaters), six member of the Order were disguised as Harry and escorted out of Privet Drive, along with the real Harry. Which member of the order did not survive that night?
a. Mad-Eye Moody
4. Who informed Harry, Ron and Hermione of the bequests left to them in Dumbledore’s will?
d. Rufus Scimgeour
5. During the wedding celebration for Bill and Fleur, Kingley Shacklebolt sent a Patronus to tell the guests that the Ministry had fallen, Scrimgeour (the Minister) was dead and the wedding celebration was about to be attacked by Death Eaters. What form did the Patronus take?
a. A lynx
6. Escaping from the wedding to London, our three friends found themselves confronted by a pair of Death Eaters, disguised as workmen. This close brush impressed on them the need to find someplace to hide. Where did they decide to go?
b. Sirius Black’s house
7. Kreacher’s animosity towards Harry, Ron and especially Hermione (a Mudblood) was well documented in book five, “The Order of the Phoenix.” His initial interaction with them showed that his attitude had not changed. How did they win him over?
d. By giving him Regulus Black’s old locket
8. Who did they eventually find was in possession of the locket/Horcrux?
d. Dolores Umbridge
9. What did Harry find embedded in the door of Umbrdige’s office?
a. Moody’s magical eye
10. After retrieving the Horcrux, they tried to return to their safe place but they were pursued (actually Yaxley tagged along when they disapparated). This meant that the Death Eaters knew their hiding place and they had to go somewhere else. Where did Hermione take them?
d. To the site of the Quidditch World Cup
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
2) Which housemate creates rockin' sock patterns? Emma Wigworthy
3) Which housemate has the hots for David Boreanez? Cassandra Puddlemere - which I still don't understand!
4) Which housemate used to be the top badger who made a habit of eating snakes? S.Quinn - She has broken this habit since she was put on the crucio list by Cass.
5) Which housemate shows off her awards from HSKS6 on her blog? Madam Ferula Finnigan
6) Which housemate makes kicka* * cookies IRL? Esmerelda Beanswallow - Mmmm Pink Poodles!
7) Which housemate is a third year Slytherclaw, whatever the hell that means? Callisto Verity
8) Which housemate wants Plymouth to make her feet happy? Belladonna Boomslang
9) Which housemate is a knitting addict? (Ok, all of us, but one in particular.) Lily of Flitwick
10) Which housemate loves to sing? Diana Lockhart
11) Which housemate has issues with muggle devices? Ginny Crookshanks
12) Which housemate likes Darth HelloKitty? Ceciley Fortescue (Love your Ravatar BTW)
13) Which housemate has a member of the family with his own fan club? Queen Frysia - Prince Corey! Love that Boy!
14) Which housemate has never-ending PMS? ME - ? ? ? WTH?? I take offense that that Queenie! ;0)
15) Which housemate originally comes from South New Joisey? Penelope Caerphilly
16) Which housemate "adores" European chocolates? Clara Clovenhoof
17) Which housemate has a roommate who seriously put a crimp in her communication abilities? Rowena Weasley
18) Which housemate was fortunate enough to lose her HP husband? Lavender Diggory Dolohov
19) Which housemate likes some Nascar dude? Andi Finch-Fletchley
20) Which housemate needs a new time-turner? Ophelia Crookshanks - Don't we all! :)
I got yarn yesterday to make my new sweater! At stitch n bitch on Thursday I saw a sweater a friend of mine had been working on. It was the minimalist sweater from Interweave knits. The issue with the tilted duster on the cover ... You know the one! I made the swatch last night and got about 7" into the back of it. I am so excited! It is in the wonderful slytherin green that I love so much and makes my pale skin look so much better! ;) Here is a picture of my swatch (above).