Thursday, April 30, 2009
So this is the last week of term. My bags are packed and "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready eady eady eady" sang in true spongebob style. I am arriving in Memphis, TN tomorrow (in the US) for the Memphis in May, Beale Street Music Festival. You can see it here at http://memphisinmay.org/lineup
There are going to be lots of muggle artists there and I can't wait to go!
Happy Summer Everyone!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Not only did I get my swap package today, but I also got my RAOK From KnottieKnitter!
She sent me so many wonderful things. Two hand sewn drawstring bags, an adorable notebook with a sheep (already in my purse for jotting down pattern ideas),
But Twilight sweethearts, 2 "exploding frogs" bath fizzies, cherry scented, a cute little bobblehead pen with spiky hair, and, oh the yarn...
It is Malabrigo Silk Blend, 2 hanks of the most gorgeous green colorway you have ever seen! it is so soft and silky, and i just want to love it and pet it all day long! Last but certainly not least, she sent me some awesome stitch markers (twilight themed of course!) that have really cool charms and beautiful beads. There is even a Twilight zipper pull! (which is great because i broke my green one i had bought)
Melissa, you are so amazing, thank you for the wonderful act of kindness. It will be reciprocated, and it is more appreciated than you can possible know!
Where do I start?
Suzie Weasley sent me the most awesome swap package ever! Not just one, but 6 sock patterns! 2 hanks of sock yarn, one of them is YARN LOVE. The name says it all. Colorway is Summer Sangria, and is awesome! The photo doesn't do it justice. I got to meet the yarn love and 'Three Irish Girls' girls at Stitches East and they were go great. The colors are so saturated, and Suzie, you couldn't have picked a better colorway for me!
Then there is the Chamber of Secrets UK (book cover matched) yarn, it is awesome blues and purples. LOVE it too.
The Sock Stix, wow. Those alone would have been an awesome swap package. The Lovely green drawstring bag is perfect to put a sock project in and carry it in my larger bag. You had to know I am a JP addict and carry her bags with little bags in them, it was kismet :)
The bag held the sock stix and Stitch markers, which are awesome. They are a wizard, mouse, cat, owl, skull and frog. perfet hp charms!
Then, if that weren't enough, HEDWIG!!
She actually got me the stuff Hedwig I have been dying to get since I first saw her online. Oh Suzie, If I weren't 28 years old she would so be sleeping with me in the bed tonight. She is so soft and wonderful to cuddle.
You have been the sweetest swap partner and so much fun to email back and forth. From what I hear from Kims IRL you are pretty awesome too. ;)
Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. I love it more than I could have ever imagined.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Where The Wild Things Are
The Patil Twins
1. This “Harry Potter” character’s first name comes from Roman mythology. The mythological character’s twin brother is named Romulus. What is the Harry Potter character last name?
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Latin equivalent of the Greek Goddess Athena?
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual?
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory?
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology?
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal?
a. Maurice Sendak
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts?
b. The Thieves’ Downfall
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear?
c. Another Death Eater’s wand hand
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children).
d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law?
b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
Saturday, April 11, 2009
It's springtime at Hogwarts. The flowers are blooming and the trees are budding...and I am sick :(
I have spent the last three days fighting a sore throat and I think today I have completely lost the battle.
I am stating confined to the infirmary while I recover so stop byto see me if you get a chance.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Check out this video on YouTube:
This is my cousin!!
This is my cousin!!